- RSS Channel Showcase 7589894
- RSS Channel Showcase 5709006
- RSS Channel Showcase 8302354
- RSS Channel Showcase 6339366
Articles on this Page
- 05/11/17--10:36: _Retrospective: 1982...
- 05/12/17--14:32: _2017 Kawasaki Ninja...
- 06/12/17--16:05: _2017 Kawasaki Z900 ...
- 08/14/17--15:20: _Re-Cycling: 1986-20...
- 09/14/17--10:47: _2017 Kawasaki Versy...
- 10/03/17--14:00: _2017 Ducati Multist...
- 11/08/17--06:41: _New 2018 Kawasaki M...
- 12/01/17--07:00: _2018 Kawasaki Ninja...
- 12/01/17--07:00: _2018 Kawasaki Ninja...
- 12/01/17--07:00: _2018 Kawasaki Z900R...
- 12/16/17--08:00: _2018 Kawasaki Z900R...
- 09/07/17--14:28: _Rider’s Guide to Ne...
- 02/14/18--15:49: _2018 Kawasaki Ninja...
- 03/22/18--09:28: _Retrospective: 1984...
- 05/11/17--10:36: Retrospective: 1982-1983 Kawasaki KZ750N Spectre
- 05/12/17--14:32: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS | First Ride Review
- 06/12/17--16:05: 2017 Kawasaki Z900 vs. 2017 Yamaha FZ-09 | Comparison Review
- 08/14/17--15:20: Re-Cycling: 1986-2006 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
- 11/08/17--06:41: New 2018 Kawasaki Models Unveiled at EICMA
- 12/01/17--07:00: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX | First Look Review
- 12/01/17--07:00: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 | First Look Review
- 12/01/17--07:00: 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS | First Look Review
- 12/16/17--08:00: 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS | First Ride Review
- 09/07/17--14:28: Rider’s Guide to New/Updated Street Motorcycles for 2018
- 02/14/18--15:49: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS | First Ride Review
- 03/22/18--09:28: Retrospective: 1984-1985 Kawasaki ZX750-E Turbo
In 1982, this was the latest version of the well-known KZ750, its main differences being a fine paint job and a few other modifications. Gone was all of the bright, shiny stuff, with polished alloy and sparkly chrome conspicuously absent. Instead there was gold-striped red and black paint on the gas tank, fenders and side panels. […]
Let’s jump straight to the bottom line: If you’re hooked hard on all the performance advantages offered by liter-class hyper-sportbikes but your body rebels at the pretzel-like contortions necessary to fit on board, the largely revised 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS is your ticket to backroad bliss. Now a sharper tool than ever for active […]
Fans of “naked” or standard sportbikes are currently spoiled for choice. The Japanese Big Four, as well as European brands like Triumph and Ducati, have stepped up to offer a slew of exciting new or updated middleweights, and for the horsepower-hungry there is a tantalizing selection of pavement-rippling, wheel-lofting 1,000cc-plus machines from which to choose. […]
You wouldn’t be alone if you argued that BMW invented sport touring, but it’s hard to deny Kawasaki brought it to the masses. In the 1980s factory sport-touring bikes were predominantly European, with most of those boasting the BMW roundel and ridden by well-heeled riders. Then, in 1986, Kawasaki dropped the ZG1000 Concours into the […]
In his Rider Test of the 2017 V-Strom 650, Rider’s Senior Editor Drevenstedt mentions The Question: “If you could only own one motorcycle, what would it be?” After the requisite moaning and gnashing of teeth, for many riders (including some of the Rider staff) the answer comes down to one of these two: the Kawasaki Versys 650 or […]
Summertime is for touring. Long days, warm weather and vacation days that have been squirreled away like acorns mean it’s time to pack the saddlebags and hit the road. Although this is our October issue, you’ll receive it during the dog days of August and we did our testing in early July. With 14 hours […]
Under the broad promise of “True Commitment”–to adventure, sport and life in general–Kawasaki unveiled several new models at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy, for the upcoming 2018 model year. Ranging from a 400cc entry-level sportbike to a supercharged, 197-horsepower (claimed) sport tourer, with a retro standard and pure sportbike thrown in for good measure, […]
If you looked at Kawasaki’s bombastic Ninja H2 supercharged sportbike back when it was introduced in 2015, and thought to yourself, “Gosh, that’s my bike…if only it didn’t have such an aggressive riding position,” we have just the bike for you. Kawasaki says that the mildly tamed 2018 Ninja H2 SX supercharged sportbike was “developed […]
The leapfrogging continues in the small-displacement sportbike class, and Kawasaki is taking the displacement lead with its new 2018 Ninja 400. Far from a bored-out Ninja 300 with a facelift, the 400 is new from the ground up. At the Ninja 400’s heart is an all-new 399cc liquid-cooled parallel twin. It utilizes a downdraft intake […]
After weeks of teasing and hinting followed by a global unveil at the EICMA show in Italy earlier this month, U.S. motorcycle enthusiasts will finally get their first in-person look at the new 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS retro sport standard at the New York installment of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show, December 1-3. Based around the […]
These days retro bikes are everywhere you look. Instagram is full of millennials with tattoos and trucker hats showing off their old Honda CB-turned-café racers (there are more than 2.5 million posts tagged with #caferacer). Triumph has been making its “modern classic” Bonnevilles since 2001, but in recent years other manufacturers have jumped on the […]
This handy guide includes all new or significantly updated street-legal motorcycles for the 2018 model year (we snuck in a few early-release 2019 models too). Organized in alphabetical order by manufacturer, it includes photos and links to details or, when available, road tests about each bike. This guide will be updated as more new/updated models […]
A funny thing (well, two things actually) happened as I rounded turn 7, a 180-degree hairpin that catapults you down the backstretch of the hilly Sonoma Raceway, on the new 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400. It was late afternoon, the last session of the day, and the mild early February sun was backlighting the massive green […]
“If intent is enough to convict, anyone purchasing Kawasaki’s 750 Turbo should have his driver’s license revoked,” wrote one moto-journalist in 1984. This Kawasaki was the last of the corporate turbos, which began with Honda’s CX500T in 1982, moved along in 1983 to Suzuki’s XN65 and Yamaha’s Seca Turbo, and ended here. Though Kawi bean […]